Teaching and Learning

in a 2nd grade classroom

WOW!!!

September20

What an awesome day in 2nd grade!  We got so much done today! I think everyone is already falling into our class routines.

I think the boys and girls like the cow greeting-it is silly and makes them giggle:)

Reading time was so quiet and I heard many of them using reading strategies to sound out tricky words,  Some students also practiced retelling stories and predicting.

Ask your child about how he or she gets paid in school.  He or she should be able to tell you how much he/she gets paid and about trading coins.

Today, for word work students used a variety of supplies making words with consonant blends and long vowel spelling patterns.  Students were given a choice which supplies they wanted to work with.

We read part of the third chapter in Gooney Bird Greene and talked about what a good story has.  good stories have a beginning, middle, and end.  they also have characters, dialogue and interesting details.  Students used their graphic organizer from yesterday to add details and begin writing their own story.  It was great to see everyone focused on their writing and really putting in a lot of effort.  I can’t wait for the final stories!

After writing, we used the Mac lab to write in our blogs.  everyone had to get to their own blog page and enter their usernames and passwords.  Once this was done, they wrote their first post about school.  I encourage you to write comments to their posts and ask them questions. All comments will wait for my approval.  This is a security step to make sure that strangers do not post or comment on your child’s blog.  You can also access these from home.  Please do not change any passwords or settings.

by posted under 2012-2013 Newsletter | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar