Teaching and Learning

in a 2nd grade classroom

Donors Choose Technology Project Needs Funding

February23

I have recently posted a new project on DonorsChoose.org for 8 iPads, 8 protective cases, and a new laptop to help our students in the areas of STEM.  Since our school does not have a specific STEM curriculum, I plan to download both free and purchased apps that will allow students to explore and learn about engineering and computer coding (i.e. Hopscotch, TinkerBox, Move the Turtle), create presentations (i.e. Prezi, Animate It, Haiku Deck ), and teach them how to use writing skills and collaborate through the use of technology (i.e. blogging, wikis, Google docs).

This is a considerable size project to get funded in the 4 month time frame.  I am reaching out to local businesses who may be interested in helping our students have more opportunities to explore and learn. You may visit my Donors choose website at  http://www.donorschoose.org/mpike to view my current project proposal and make an online donation if possible.

For one week only, all donations up to $100 will be doubled using the code INSPIRE when checking out.  Be sure to make your donation by March 2, 2014 to double your donation towards our project.

Here is the direct link:

Supporting STEM for Growing Minds

by posted under 2013-2014 Newsletter | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar